Focus Group Feedback
My focus group consisted of two boys and two girls, all of them from a sub-culture I feel would fit with the genre of the music (quite indie/alternative mix) so that they would have the same interests and listen to this genre of music in their personal time. This means that the people know what conventions and stereotypes/characters are in music videos for this genre. Plus the type of music video that is normally constructed around the genre; performance, narrative or conceptual. I used two people who had studied media and were not from my classes and two that did not, which aloud me to gain understanding from a perspective that has not been taught the theory behind constructing the promotional package, while also getting theory-backed criticisms and positive feedback.
Due to using the same questions I did for my peer feedback I have been able to analyse the results I have got from both feedback sources and compare them to see if there are area where the responses concur.
Below is the written points from my focus group and below that is the analysis of both the peer feedback and focus group results. In the sections under 'Like' are those that both peer feedback and focus group liked and those under 'Improvement' are what peer feedback and focus group think need altering.
Improvements made:
- Made the inside of the digipak brighter
- Pulled the advert text to the centre to match the top title
- Made small text inside digipak bigger
- Made more over-lays in music video to keep audience interested
- Done more transitions in music video for above reasons
Improvements I did not make (either because it didn't look right or because I don't have the footage):
- Didn't add manikins earlier
- Didn't put the the extra colour onto the 'BETH' because it doesn't work with the affects I have used and I feel now that I have distanced the Name and title, it stands out more.


No comments:
Post a Comment