Audience Surveys
I have set up a small survey to see if the audience agrees with my ideas or not for the style and type of music video. I have placed the link under the video of 'Street Lights' and will aim to get a representative feedback.
Although my results weren't as I wanted due to there being quite a small responce I am happy that I can see a pattern in the results that agree mostly with my initial ideas.
Research Results
Here you can see that 80% of my response came back as an agreement to what I had initially planned- to shoot mostly at night. Although this is a small sample size for my audience response, due to it being a significant difference between the two options I feel I can use this as a reliable source to start my research for shooting times/ lighting etc.
I tried to used the binary opposites to find out the theme that was created personally by the audience. My results showed that the theme in general was sad/truthful/calm and dark which shows there is pattern in agreement over the theme of the song (not a happy/chirpy song). This means that my ideas of using derelict and shadowed/ dark areas for shooting will fit to the audiences demand.
In the first image you can see that there is no question to what type of music video the audience want for this music video, therefore I think to increase Beth's image as an artist I will make a narrative music video which is part performance with her lip syncing. Because in the second image it shows that most people would prefer to see the artist/singer in the actual video.



No comments:
Post a Comment